A prospective student-athlete (prospect) is a student who has started classes for the ninth grade. In addition, a student who has started classes for the ninth grade becomes a prospective student-athlete if the Colorado State University-Pueblo provides such an individual (or the individual's relatives or friends) any financial assistance or other benefits that the Colorado State University-Pueblo does not provide to prospective students generally.
An individual remains a prospective student-athlete until one of the following occurs (whichever is earlier):
A. The individual officially registers and enrolls in a minimum full-time program of studies and attends classes in any term of a four-year collegiate institution's regular academic year (excluding summer) or:
B. The individual participates in a regular squad practice or competition at a four-year collegiate institution that occurs before the beginning of any term. Actions by staff members or athletic representatives that cause a prospective student to become a "recruited" student-athlete for CSU-P include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Providing transportation to the prospect to visit CSU-P
2. Entertaining the prospect in any way on campus, except CSU-P may provide a complimentary admission to an athletic event in which your team is competing when the prospect visits campus as a member of a group tour.
3. Initiating or arranging a telephone contact with the prospect, family member or guardian for the purpose of recruitment.
4. Visiting a prospect, family member or guardian for the purpose of recruitment, or
5. Entertaining family members or guardians of a prospect on our campus