2008-09 CSU-Pueblo Athletics Highlights
CSU-Pueblo Athletics have had a long list of success stories in 2008-09, thanks in part to the generosity of donors to the department.
- Football returned to CSU-Pueblo for the first time since 1984. Over 10,000 fans witnessed first home game and CSU-Pueblo was ranked among the national leaders in attendance
- Jason Fobes, a member of the baseball team, was named RMAC Baseball Student- Athlete of the Year, first-team All-American and first-team Academic All-American
- Student-athletes and coaches volunteered over 3,000 hours to community service projects consisting of Highway 47 Clean up, Thanksgiving Food Basket Distribution, and campus clean up day
- The women's basketball program won the RMAC Tournament Championship and qualified for the NCAA Division II National Tournament for the third time in four years
- 53% of student athletes had a 3.0 GPA or better
- Trevor Martinet, a member of the men's soccer team, named RMAC Men's Soccer Student Athlete of the Year and Academic All- American
- Hosted first home wrestling match since 2001 with over 2,000 fans in attendance
- CSU-Pueblo student-athletes raised more than $1,500 to benefit the Make A Wish Foundation
- Baseball, women's basketball, softball, men's tennis, and men's golf all qualify for NCAA II National Tournament. First time five CSU-Pueblo teams made national tournament in the same season.
- CSU-Pueblo student-athletes had a cumulative GPA of 2.96