PUEBLO, Colo. (April 13, 2017) – The Colorado State University-Pueblo softball team travels to the Land of Enchantment this week for a crucial four-game Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference series at New Mexico Highlands University in Las Vegas, NM.
The series is set for a pair of doubleheaders starting Friday at noon and concludes Saturday at 11 a.m. at NMHU Softball Field.
The Pack returns to action after going 1-3 last week at home versus Colorado School of Mines. K'Lee Kent (Jr., Hobbs, NM) picked up the lone win in the circle fanning seven batters and provided three hits including two doubles for CSU-Pueblo.
Entering the week the ThunderWolves sit ninth in the RMAC standings and is one game behind NMHU for the eighth and final postseason slot.
#10THINGS (Twitter-Friendly Notes)
- CSU-Pueblo is fourth in the @RMAC_SPORTS in homeruns (33).
- The ThunderWolves are 23rd in the nation in homeruns per game with a 0.92 mark.
- Michaela Burpee (So., C, Union City, Calif.) sits tied for third with 10 homeruns.
- Burpee ranks 14th in Division II in homeruns per game (0.31).
- Sabrina Felix (Fr., OF, Corona, Calif.) is seventh in @RMAC_SPORTS in batting average, .424.
- In the circle Lexie Martindale (Sr., DP, Pueblo, Colo.) sits tied seventh with nine wins.
- Martindale's 59 strikeouts and twenty-six backward Ks on the year place her top ten in @RMAC_SPORTS in both categories.
- The toughest to strikeout for the Pack has been Kennedy Smith (Sr., OF, Fillmore, Calif.) who has been struck out only two times this season placing her second in @RMAC_SPORTS and tied 29th in Division II.
- Burpee has thrown out eight would-be base stealers, third best in @RMAC_SPORTS.
- CSU-Pueblo sits sixth in @RMAC_SPORTS with a .956 fielding percentage.
SETTING THE STAGE
Last season CSU-Pueblo went unbeaten 4-0 against New Mexico Highlands including posting a pair of run-rule victories in a series played in Pueblo.
New Mexico Highlands (15-26, 12-16 RMAC)
Last time on the field: NMHU went 3-1 at home versus Fort Lewis. The Cowgirls are led by Christian Bobian with a .381 batting average on 48 hits. In the circle Highlands relies on pitcher Madison Davis (8-11, 8.09 ERA).
Live stats links for select games can be found on the ThunderWolves' schedule page.
FOLLOW THE THUNDERWOLVES
Twitter - @gothunderwolves / @CSUPsoftball
Facebook - @CSU-Pueblo Athletics / @CSU-Pueblo softball
ON DECK FOR THE THUNDERWOLVES
CSU-Pueblo wraps the home portion of the regular season Apr. 22-23 with a four-game RMAC series against Colorado Mesa University.
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics.