PUEBLO, Colo. (March 27, 2017) – Colorado State University-Pueblo Women's Basketball continues to make history in the 2016-17 season. The Pack finished No.11 in the Women's Basketball Coaches Association final rankings released Monday.
Behind a 28-4 record, the Pack earned a ranking in the WBCA final poll for the first time. CSU-Pueblo also claimed a No.1 in the NCAA Tournament for the first time in school history.
ThunderWolves in 2016-17:
- First RMAC Regular Season Championship since 1987-88
- NCAA Tournament South Central Regional Semifinalists for second time in school history
- Program record 28 wins
- Program record 20 RMAC wins
- Program record 24 consecutive wins
- Reached No.3 in the WBCA poll for highest ranking in school history
- Molly Rohrer (So., Greenwood Village, Colo.)earned RMAC Player of the Year
- Rohrer named Conference Commissioners Association First Team All-Region and First Team All-RMAC
- Rohrer receives RMAC Player of the Week six times
- Jim Turgeon earned RMAC Coach of the Year to become the first coach in school history to earn this award.
- Turgeon named WBCA South Central Region Coach of the Year
- Katie Cunningham (Jr., Aurora, Colo.) earned RMAC Defensive Player of the Year
- Cunningham named to the All-RMAC Tournament Team and All-NCAA South Regional Tournament Team
- Rohrer and Tuileisu Anderson (Jr., Vancouver, Wash.) both received First Team All-RMAC for the second consecutive season. Cunningham named First Team All-RMAC for the first time in her career.
- Anderson named CCA Second Team All-Region
- CSU-Pueblo student-athletes earned 13 combined RMAC Player of the Week awards