PUEBLO, Colo. (September 16, 2014) – The Colorado State University-Pueblo women's soccer team open the conference portion of its schedule this week when they play host to the New Mexico Highlands Cowgirls on Wednesday, followed by a clash with the Colorado School of Mines Orediggers on Friday evening. Both are scheduled for a 7 p.m. kickoff at the Art & Lorraine Gonzales Complex.
The ThunderWolves (2-1) are coming off an overtime victory against Fort Hays State last Friday night, to kick off a four-game homestand for the Pack.
CSU-Pueblo's Shae McNutt (So., Forward, League City, Tex.) and Tanna Duling (Fr., Midfielder, Pueblo, Colo.) each notched their first goals of the season. Thus far, the Pack has seen six different players score at least one goal this season.
How to Follow the Pack
Wednesday, September 17, 2014: CSU-Pueblo vs. New Mexico Highlands 7 p.m. (Live stats)
Friday, September 19, 2014: CSU-Pueblo vs. Colorado Mines 7 p.m.
Twitter - @gothunderwolves
CSU-Pueblo News and Notes
- The Pack enters the weekend with a 2-1 record.
- CSU-Pueblo has a record of 1-6 against New Mexico Highlands in the last seven meetings. The Pack last defeated Highlands, 1-0, in a game played on September 23, 2009 in Pueblo.
- CSU-Pueblo is 1-9 in its last ten meetings against Colorado Mines. The last win for the Pack came on October 31, 2008, a 1-0 victory in Pueblo.
- The ThunderWolves are fresh off a 2-1 overtime victory against Fort Hays State (KAN).
- Team statistical leaders:
Shots: 8 – Laikyn Koss (R-Fr., Midfielder, Riverside, Calif.)
Shots on Goal: 5 – Koss
- At Goal for the Pack, Jenn Rucker (Sr., Renton, Wash.) has just four goals against, while making nine saves. She also has an goals-against average of 1.68.
New Mexico Highlands Cowgirls
Goals: 3 – Anyssa Dagnino
Shots: 15 – Mallory Bostic
Goalkeeper Saves: 12 – Sarah Beecher
Last game played: September 13th – Won 4-0, against Eastern New Mexico University
Colorado School of Mines Orediggers
Goals: 1 – Five different players have scored one goal
Shots on Goal: 5 – Anna Deleray, Deirdre Johnson
Goalkeeper Saves: 8 – Jayln Yates
Last game played: September 14th – Won 1-0, at St. Mary's (TX)
CSU-Pueblo will conclude its home stand next Friday when they host Colorado Mesa. Kickoff is scheduled at 4:30 p.m. at the Art & Lorraine Gonzales Stadium.