PUEBLO, Colo. (September 17, 2015) – The Colorado State University-Pueblo women's volleyball team kicks off its 2015 Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference schedule Friday, as they'll open conference play with a three match road trip.
First team on the agenda will be Western New Mexico University, then New Mexico Highlands University Saturday and to finish the swing, the Pack will battle Western State Colorado University Tuesday, Sept. 22. All contests are set for a 7 p.m. first serve.
- The ThunderWolves come into the trip with a 2-6 record after going 1-3 last weekend in the Steel & Silver Classic.
- Finished the 2014 season 11-7 in the conference, 5-6 on the road.
- Post a 1-3 mark in neutral/away matches.
- Oni Lattin (Sr., MB/RS, Houston, Texas) is the reigning RMAC Defensive Player of the Week, after sending back 28 attacks (9 solo blocks). She Leads the conference in blocks with 1.44 per set. Lattin is also third on the squad in kills with 79.
- Alex Sansavera (R-Sr., DS/S, San Antonio, Texas) is on a 37 match streak of 11 or more assists, dating back to last season (21.40 per game).
- Caitlin Broadwell (So., OH, Lawrence, Kan.) is seventh in the RMAC in hitting percentage, notching a .285 mark.
- Mariangel Perez (Jr., OH/RS, Catia La Mar, Venezuela) leads the Pack with 102 kills.
- 11.38 kills per set
- .167 hitting percentage
- 2.16 blocks per set
- 14.18 dig per game
About Western New Mexico
- The Mustangs return home for the first time this season after beginning their season on the road and going 5-3.
- Last weekend WNMU went 3-1 in the Coyote Classic in San Bernardino, California.
- Lost both outings to the ThunderWolves last season (3-1, 3-0.)
- Leeta Grap is the reigning RMAC Offensive Player of the Week after punching in 65 kills in the Coyote Classic. She's tallied 132 kills on the young season to lead the Mustangs and sits second in the RMAC.
- WNMU defense allows a .134 opponent hitting percentage, which is the best among RMAC squads.
- Average 13.23 kills per set for fourth best in the conference.
- The Mustangs tally 1.61 per set.
- Accumulate 19.71 digs per game.
Game Time: Friday 7 p.m.
About New Mexico Highlands
- Enter the weekend 2-4 and will face Western State before hosting the ThunderWolves.
- Split the series 1-1 with the Pack in 2014, with both winning on their own floor.
- Shayli Schultz leads the conference in hitting percentage at .444.
- .175 hitting percentage
- .220 opponent hitting percentage for tenth worse in the RMAC
- 11.58 kills per set
Game Time: Saturday 7 p.m.
About Western State
- The Mountaineers currently stand 2-8 and will dance with New Mexico Highlands and Western New Mexico before facing the ThunderWolves.
- Western State played in the Steel & Silver Classic last weekend and went 0-4.
- Finished 2-16 in the RMAC in 2014.
- Lost both matches versus the Pack (1-3, 1-3.)
- Jordan Eatwell leads the squad with 96 kills
- .129 attack percentage
- .216 opponent attack percentage
- 10.7 kills per game
Looking Further Ahead
Once the ThunderWolves finish their three match road swing, they'll return to Massari Arena Sept. 25-26 for a two game homestand against Colorado Christian University and Colorado School of Mines.