PUEBLO, Colo. (October 1, 2015) – The Colorado State University-Pueblo women's volleyball team returns to the court Oct. 2-3 for a Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference weekend getaway against Chadron State College at 7 p.m. and Regis University at 5 p.m.
- Enter the weekend 4-9 (2-3 RMAC)
- ThunderWolves have fared better on the road than at home, as they are 3-4 versus 1-5 inside Massari Arena
- 2.26 blocks per set for best in the conference, while the 124.5 total blocks ranks No. 12 nationally
- Oni Lattin (Sr., MB/RS, Houston, Texas) leads the nation in total blocks with 80, while her 26 solo efforts are also an NCAA Division II best. She is first in the RMAC blocking with 1.45 per frame, which is also good for sixth in Division II.
- Fifth in RMAC in hitting percentage with .178 and sixth in opponent percentage at .185
- Averaging 11.85 kills per stanza
- The squad leader in kills is Mariangel Perez (Jr., OH/RS, Catia La Mar, Venezuela). She is ninth in the RMAC, putting down 3.25 kills per game
- The Pack are 1-5 in five match sets this season, with their only victory coming against St. Edwards University (Sept. 11)
- Defeated Chadron State 3-1 on their home floor last season
- Lost both contests to Regis last year, both on the road. First 3-0 in the regular season, then 3-1 in the first round of the RMAC Tournament
About Chadron State
- The Eagles sit 3-9 (2-2 RMAC)
- 1-1 at home
- In all three wins this season, Chadron State won 3-0. In its nine losses, six times it fell 3-1 and three decisions have been 3-0.
- Ninth in kills behind the Pack with 11.83
- Second in blocks sending back 2.25 blocks per set
- .159 hitting percent versus a .190 opponent percentage
- Rudy Leasau leads Chadron State in kills with 143
- Madison Webb dominates the setting for the Eagles, as she leads the squad with 353 assists for seventh in the RMAC
Game Time: Friday 7:00 p.m.
- Through 12 matches, the Rangers are 6-6 (3-1 RMAC)
- 3-3 in its own building
- 1-0 in five set matches
- Will play 4-11 Western State Colorado University before facing the ThunderWolves Saturday
- The Rangers are third in hitting percentage, tallying a .184 mark
- Averaging 12.55 kills per frame
- Allows .193 opponent hitting percentage, ninth worse in the conference
- Katie Klein is fourth in the RMAC in hitting percentage at .294 and second in kills per set with 3.89
- Brinely Beresford is fifth in assists per game with 8.86
Game Time: Saturday 5:00 p.m.
Looking Further Ahead
The ThunderWolves will remain on the road when they face Colorado Mesa University Oct. 9 and then finish the four-match road trip against one of the newest RMAC members, Westminster (Utah) College, Oct. 10th.
- 30 -
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics.