PUEBLO, Colo. (November 5, 2015) – The Colorado State University-Pueblo volleyball team will try to add to their four-match home win streak this weekend as they host University of Colorado Colorado Springs Friday and Metropolitan State University of Denver and Saturday. Both games begin at 7:00p.m.
About the ThunderWolves:
- CSU-Pueblo currently has a 9-14 (7-8 RMAC) record. They sit fifth in the Mountain Division.
- The ThunderWolves have won their last four matches at home and have not even dropped a set at Massari Arena during this win streak. Opponents hit just .070 at Massari in October.
-Jen Gomez's team currently ranks 10th in the nation in blocks per set with a 2.58 rejections per frame.
- Oni Lattin (Sr., Houston, Texas) enters play second in the nation in blocks per set (1.59). Lattin also ranks third in the nation in total blocks with 138, and second in solo blocks with 45.
-Lattin has hit .403 in her last four home games. She has posted a .357 hitting percentage during conference home games, including a .469 hitting percentage last weekend.
-Lattin ranks fourth in the RMAC in hitting percentage (.300). She also averages more than half of a block per game more than anyone else in the RMAC.
-Mariangel Perez (Jr., Catia La Mar, Venezuela) comes into this weekend's games ranked ninth in the RMAC with 3.28 kills per set. Perez has double digits kills in 20 of her 23 matches this season.
- Melissa Nichols (R-FR., McKinney, Texas) ranks second on the ThunderWolves with .89 blocks per set. Nichols has a block in 17 of her 19 matches this season.
- Mikala Morris (So., Tempe, Ariz.) COSIDA Academic All-District First Team honors. Morris currently holds a 4.0 GPA while pursuing three majors (Mass Communications, Spanish, and political science).
-The ThunderWolves enter play fifth in the RMAC in opponents hitting percentage, holding opponents to just a .178 hitting clip.
-The Pack's sweep of Adams State was their first sweep of the Grizzlies since 2000.
-The Mountain Lions enter play with a 16-9 (10-5 RMAC). They sit fourth in the Rocky Division.
-UCCS has dropped three of its last four matches. They also lost their last meeting with the Pack 3-2 (25-17, 21-25,25-23, 22-25, 15-13) Sep. 18, 2014.
-The Mountain Lions enter play in the top 5 in the RMAC in every offensive category. They rank fifth in hitting percentage (1.93), fifth in assists per set (12.25), and third in kills per set (13.25). They are also fourth in opponent's hitting percentage (.173).
-Kim Catlett leads the RMAC in kills with a 4.24 kill/set average. She ranks 11th in the nation in this category. Catlett also won RMAC All-Academic Player of the Year.
- Taylor Hamilton enters the weekend ninth in the RMAC in blocks, averaging .90 blocks per set.
About MSU Denver
-The Roadrunners enter play leading the Mountain Division with a 16-9 (12-3 RMAC Record).
-MSU Denver has won their last 16 matches against the Pack. CSU-Pueblo last beat the Roadrunners Sept. 3, 1999. MSU-Denverleads the all-time series 41-8.
-Vasati Fiatoa (.353) and Ryan Hoerdemann (.323) rank first and second respectively in the conference in hitting percentage. As a team the Road runners rank second in the conference in hitting percentage (.225).
-MSU-Denver leads the conference in service aces per set with a 1.66 average. They rank second in kills per set (13.47).
-Brandi Torr ranks second in the conference in assists per set (10.91). Torr's passing has helped the Roadrunners win 13 of their last 14.
Fans who go to the football game on Saturday will receive free admission into Saturday night's volleyball game. To get tickets for any of the games this weekend, visit the Massari Arena ticket office from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics.