PUEBLO, Colo. (October 6, 2016) – Colorado State University-Pueblo Volleyball will keep its four-game road swing going when they visit Colorado Mesa University Friday and Western State Colorado University Saturday. Both matches will begin at 7 p.m.
ThunderWolves At a glance:
-The Pack brings a 4-2 mark in Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference play into the weekend. CSU-Pueblo stands 6-9 overall. They split the first weekend of this road trip, losing to Metro State University-Denver. The Pack bounced back with a five-set win over University of Colorado Colorado Springs.
- Katie Burnett (Sr., Austin, Texas) set a new school record for digs in a match with 35 digs in the Pack's five-set win over the Mountain Lions. Burnett now holds the school record in digs in both three-set and five-set matches.
- With 56 digs last weekend, Burnett moved into second place on the Pack's all-time digs list. She sits just 64 digs away from setting the school record. Burnett began the season in fifth place.
- Burnett leads the RMAC with 0.46 service aces per set. She has the opportunity to move into the top-10 all-time at CSU-Pueblo with nine aces. She ranks third in the RMAC with 5.0 digs/set.
- Senior Morgan Wilkening (Fleming, Colo.) ranks eighth in Pack history with 990 kills. With 30 more kills, Wilknening will move into sole possession of seventh place.
- Elena Michalski (Jr., Longmont, Colo.) had a double-double in both of her matches last weekend, including 28 assists and 18 digs in her most recent match with UCCS. She has four double-doubles on the season.
- Mariangel Perez (Sr., Catia La Mar, Venezuela) netted her third double-double of the season with 16 kills and 15 digs against UCCS. Perez put down 28 kills last weekend. She averaged 3.5 kills/set during her last week. Perez has three double-doubles this season.
- Senior Megan Schultz (Colorado Springs, Colo.) ranks sixth in the RMAC with 0.96 blocks per set. Schultz finished with a season-high 10 kills vs. the Mountain Lions.
Scouting Colorado Mesa:
- The Mavericks have posted an 11-3 record overall. The have won five of their six RMAC games and are currently receiving votes in the American Volleyball Coaches Association poll.
- Colorado Mesa holds a substantial lead in the all-time series with the ThunderWolves, 55-17. The Pack's last victory over the Mavericks came on Sept. 21, 2013.
- Mackenzie Edwards ranks third in the RMAC with 3.91 kills/set. As a team, the Mavericks rank fourth with 13.61 kills/set.
- The Mavericks limit opponents to a .146 hitting percentage, the second lowest total in the RMAC. CMU averages 12.94 digs/set which also ranks second in the conference.
- Opponents average 2.19 blocks per set against the Mavericks. This is the third highest total in the conference. This could play into the Pack's strengths as CSU-Pueblo ranks fourth in the RMAC with 2.0 blocks per set.
Scouting Western State:
- The Mountaineers bring a .500 mark into the weekend with a 7-7 record. Western State is 3-3 in the RMAC.
- Saturday's match will be the second of the season between the Pack and the Mountaineers. The ThunderWolves won the first meeting in three sets (25-23, 25-17, 25-22) Sept. 8. The two teams have split the 76 all-time matches with each team winning 38.
- Western State holds opponents to a .137 hitting percentage. This is lowest total allowed by any RMAC team. The Pack hit .184 in the first meeting.
- Allison Walker ranks fifth in the RMAC with 10.13 assists/set. Tori Geherty stands seventh in the conference with 0.31 service aces/set.
- The Mountaineers struggled to overcome the Pack's block in the first meeting. CSU-Pueblo had nine team blocks as they held the Mountaineers to a .086 hitting percentage.
- 30 –
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics.