PUEBLO, Colo. (October 20, 2016) – With a 5-5 record in Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference games, Colorado State University-Pueblo volleyball will look to move up in the conference standings when they host Regis University and Chadron State College Friday and Saturday respectively at Massari Arena. Both matches will begin at 7 p.m.
ThunderWolves at a Glance:
- CSU-Pueblo will look to get back on the winning track after losses to University of Colorado Colorado Springs and Metro State University Denver. The Pack has a 7-12 record overall and a 5-5 conference record.
- Senior Katie Burnett broke the school record for career digs last Friday in the final point of the Pack's match against UCCS. Her 1,425 career digs now stands as the most in school history.
- Burnett ranks second in the RMAC with 0.40 service aces. Her 5.03 digs/set places her fourth in the conference. Burnett has set career highs in digs/set and service aces this season.
- Megan Schultz (Sr., Colorado Springs, Colo.) ranks eighth in the RMAC with 1.00 blocks per set. Schultz has at least one block in every match this season.
- As a team the Pack ranks fourth in the RMAC with 2.10 blocks per set. In addition to Schultz, both Misha McDowell (Jr., Gilbert, Ariz.) and Tanja Ranilovic (Sr., Belgrade, Serbia) both average 0.79 blocks per set.
- Senior Mariangel Perez (Catia La Mar, Venezuela) has achieved double-digit digs in each of her last five matches. She has averaged 3.9 digs/set over this span. Perez matched her season-high with 18 kills against UCCS.
-As a team, CSU-Pueblo stands fifth in the RMAC with 16.06 digs/set. Opponents average 1.90 blocks per set against the Pack. This is the fifth lowest total of blocks allowed per set.
- Regis ranks fourth in the RMAC with a 7-4 conference record and a 12-8 mark overall. The Rangers had won seven matches in a row before a loss to MSU Denver Tuesday.
- The Rangers have controlled the all-time series with wins in 36 of the 44 meetings. CSU-Pueblo last defeated the Rangers Sept. 28, 2007.
- Katie Klein ranks seventh in the RMAC with 3.57 kills/set. Klein had 17 kills against the Pack in 2015.
- Drew Rhamy's 0.36 service aces per set rank third in the RMAC. The Rangers serve up 1.36 aces/set, fifth most in the RMAC.
- As a team, the Rangers rank in the top half of the RMAC in every category except for blocking, where they rank eighth. Their highest rank is third in digs with 16.56 digs/set.
Scouting Chadron State:
- Chadron State brings a 5-14 record into the weekend. The Eagles are 4-6 in the RMAC . They have split their last six conference matches.
- The Pack holds a 20-10 lead in the all-time series against the Eagles. CSU-Pueblo has won five of the last six meetings between the two teams. The Eagles have beaten the Pack at home only once during the series and it happened in 1982.
- Rudy Leaseu ranks sixth in the RMAC with 3.58 kills/set. Chadron ranks ninth in the RMAC with 11.65 kills/set.
- Kenzie Chrisman ranks sixth in the RMAC with 1.03 blocks/set. As a team, the Eagles rank sixth in the RMAC with 2.0 blocks/set.
- Opponents hit .230 against the Eagles, this is third highest percentage allowed by a RMAC team. Chadron State surrenders 1.59 service aces per set, which also stands as the third most in the RMAC.
- 30 –
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics