PUEBLO, Colo. (October 27, 2016) – With six matches remaining, Colorado State University-Pueblo Volleyball will look to make its Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference tournament push . The Pack will play at Adams State University Friday at 7 p.m. and Fort Lewis College Saturday at 5 p.m.
Two games separate fifth and 10th place in the RMAC standings. The Pack enters the weekend in a tie for the eighth and final spot in the RMAC tournament just three weeks away.
ThunderWolves at a Glance:
- CSU-Pueblo snapped a three- match losing streak with an incredible five set win over Chadron State. The Pack now has an 8-13 record overall and a 6-6 record in RMAC games.
- The Pack came back from two sets down to defeat the Eagles. Saturday's win was the first time the ThunderWolves rallied from two sets down since Sept. 17, 2012.
- Mariangel Perez (Sr., Catia La Mar, Venezuela) has double-digit digs in seven consecutive matches. Perez has four double-doubles in this stretch including a 14 kill and 15 dig effort in the Pack's win over the Eagles.
- Senior, Megan Schultz (Colorado Springs, Colo.) ranks eighth in the RMAC with 0.99 blocks per set. Schultz has at least one block in every match this season and at least three blocks in each of her last five matches.
- Katie Burnett (Sr., Austin, Texas) stands fourth in the RMAC with 5.05 digs/set. She has a school record 1,472 career digs. The senior has averaged 5.48 digs/set through conference play, the second-best total in the RMAC.
- Burnett ranks second in the RMAC with 0.41 service aces. Her 30 aces has set a career-high. Burnett's average more than doubles her best aces/set season-best.
- In RMAC play, the Pack has averaged 16.87 digs/set, third most in the RMAC. CSU-Pueblo's 2.28 blocks/set in conference play ranks fourth.
Scouting Adams State:
- Adams State currently sits in a two-team tie for fifth place in the RMAC at 7-5. They hold a 12-9 record overall and come into the weekend, winners of three straight matches.
- The Pack and the Grizzlies have split their 76 match history with each team taking 38 wins. Adams State won the most recent match at Massari Arena earlier this season on Sept. 10.
- Mallory Grimsrud has been the Grizzlies go to offensive weapon. Grimsrud ranks fifth in the RMAC with a .294 hitting percentage. Her 3.55 kills/set ranks seventh and her 1.14 blocks/set rank fourth.
- Katelyn Schwartz ranks eighth in the RMAC with 9.22 assists per set. Schwartz had 32 assists in her first meeting with the Pack.
- Adams State averages the least digs of any team in the RMAC with 13.19 digs/set. The Grizzlies are also the most blocked team in the conference. Opponents average 2.34 rejections per set against the Grizzlies.
Scouting Fort Lewis:
- Fort Lewis finds themselves 4-16 overall with a 3-9 record in conference. They have lost their last six matches.
- The Skyhawks hold a narrow lead in the all-time series, 35-34. CSU-Pueblo has won the last three matches.
- Fort Lewis leads the RMAC with 1.47 service aces per set. The Skyhawks have 109 total aces, fourth most in the conference.
- Ally Dell'Amico ranks sixth in the RMAC with 4.90 digs/set. Dell'Amico also stands ninth in aces/set with 0.29 aces per set.
- The Skyhawks stand 14th in the RMAC in assists (9.66), which is second worst in the RMAC. Fort Lewis also surrenders the second-highest number of assists in the conference with. 13.00 assists per game.
- 30 –
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics