PUEBLO, Colo. (October 31, 2016) – After a spilt road weekend, Colorado State University-Pueblo Volleyball returns to Massari Arena to open a three-match homestand. The Pack's final homestand of the season starts with a match against New Mexico Highlands University Tuesday at 7 p.m.
ThunderWolves at a glance:
- The Pack brings a 9-14 record into Tuesday's match with four contests left in the 2016 regular season. CSU-Pueblo has a 7-7 record in Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference matches. Currently ninth in the RMAC standings, the Pack will need to move up one spot in the next two weeks to qualify for the RMAC Tournament.
- Senior Mariangel Perez (Catia La Mar, Venezuela) has earned a double-double in each of her last three matches. Perez had 14 kills and 14 digs in both of her matches last weekend. She now double-digit digs in each of her last nine contests.
- Katie Burnett (Sr., Austin, Texas) recorded 49 digs in the Pack's two matches last week. Burnett moved into third in the RMAC with 5.10 digs/set. The senior has averaged 5.45 digs/set through conference play, the second-best total in the RMAC. She has a school record 1,521 career digs.
- Burnett moved into the top 10 all-time at CSU-Pueblo in service aces during the Pack's win over Fort Lewis. Her 77 aces put her in 10th place all-time. Burnett's 34 service aces stand as the second-highest single-season total in school history. She is just six aces away from breaking the single-season school record.
- As a team, the Pack ranks fourth in blocks per set (2.09). CSU-Pueblo averages 16.20 digs/set, which also places them fourth in the conference.
- Megan Schultz (Sr., Colorado Springs, Colo.) averages 0.94 blocks per set, ninth most in the RMAC. This average stands as the eighth best in school history.
- The Cowgirls enter Tuesday's contest with a 5-14 overall record. They own a 2-12 record in RMAC games. New Mexico Highlands has lost its last 10 matches.
- CSU-Pueblo holds a 41-30 lead in the all-time series against New Mexico Highlands. The Pack has won the last two meetings.
- Shayli Schultz ranks ninth in the RMAC with 8.27 assists per game. As a team, the Cowgirls rank 10th with 11.00 assists per set.
- Bryanna Lopez stands eighth in the RMAC with 4.60 digs per set. NMHU ranks 12th in the RMAC with 14.69 digs/set.
- The Cowgirls rank last in the RMAC in blocks per set, averaging only 1.22 blocks per set. Highlands ranks 12th in the conference in opponent hitting percentage, allowing their adversaries to hit .222 against them.
- 30 –
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics