PUEBLO, Colo. (September 20, 2018) – Colorado State University- Pueblo Volleyball will travel to Colorado Christian University Friday and No. 23 Regis University Saturday to start a four-match road trip. The Pack will play the Cougars at 7 p.m. and face the Rangers at 5 p.m.
The ThunderWolves stand 4-10 overall. They are 2-3 in Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference play and tied for ninth in the conference standings.
Page Heller (Jr., Vancouver, Wash.) set a school-record for digs in a match with 39 digs in the Pack's five-set battle with Black Hills State University last Saturday. Heller is averaging 5.24 digs per set, second-most in the RMAC. Her 267 digs this season are the most in the RMAC and rank 16th in D-II. Heller's 39 digs were three more than anyone else in the RMAC has achieved this season.
As a team the Pack ranks second in the RMAC with 16.47 digs per set. The ThunderWolves also rank second in opponent kills. Opponents have averaged just 11.35 kills per set against the Pack.
Sarah Vang (Jr., Parker, Colo.) ranks seventh in the RMAC with 3.21 kills per set. Vang also averages 2.21 digs per set. She has a double-double in each of her last three matches including a season-high 19 digs against the Yellow Jackets.
Brooke Schilling (So., Parker, Colo.) leads the RMAC with 19 aces this season. Schilling leads the Pack with six double-doubles this season. Like Vang, Schilling has a double-double in each of her last three matches. She averaged 3.75 kills per set last week.
Grace Hern (Fr., Omaha, Neb.) dished out 61 assists in the Pack's loss to Black Hills State. With 13 digs in this match, Hern accomplished her fourth double-double of the season in that match. The setter ranks sixth in the RMAC with 9.11 assists per set.
Berkley Hays (Fr., Dallas, Texas) had eight blocks against the Yellow Jackets. Hays leads the Pack with 0.71 blocks per set. She is also hitting a team-best .261.
Mallorie Post (So., Federal Way, Wash.) averages 2.46 kills per set. She hit .307 in three matches last week.
Scouting Colorado Christian:
- The Cougars stands 4-10 overall. Colorado Christian ranks even with the Pack with a 2-3 record in RMAC play, tying them for ninth in the conference.
- Colorado Christian leads the all-time series 22-16. The road team has won the last three matches in this series.
- Katie Henry leads the Cougars with a .319 hitting percentage. She ranks sixth in the RMAC in hitting.
- The Rangers are ranked No. 23 in the American Volleyball Coaches Association D-II poll. They are 8-5 overall and 4-1 in RMAC play.
-Regis leads the all-time series 38-8. The Pack last defeated the Rangers Sept. 28, 2007.
- Caitlyn Burroway and Nikki Kennedy are a 1-2 punch for the Rangers. Burroway leads Regis with 3.36 kills per set, sixth-most in the RMAC. Kennedy ranks eighth in the RMAC with 3.15 kills per set. Her .349 hitting percentage is third-best in the conference.
– 30 –
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics